|This course assists professional care providers and administrators in understanding the role of culture in the delivery of substance abuse and mental health services. It discusses racial, ethnic, and cultural considerations and the core elements of cultural competence.
Notes: 15 hours $79. For ICAADA members (Indiana), price of home-study is discounted by 5%. Ohio—approved for counseling. NY-CASAC Section 2, for renewal only; CPP/CPS Section
- Introduction to Cultural Competence
- Core Competencies for Counselors
- Culturally Responsive Evaluation and Treatment Planning
- Pursuing Organizational Cultural Competence
- Behavioral Health Treatment for Major Racial and Ethnic Groups
- Drug Cultures and the Culture of Recovery