As a NAADAC Approved Provider (#90601), MHACBO (Mental Health & Addiction Certification Board of Oregon) accepts our training for initial credential and renewal hours. For the CADC1, MHACBO requires 150 hours in chemical dependency specific training, with education to include Basic Counseling Skills, Group Counseling Skills, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Pharmacology, HIV/AIDS Risk Assessment and Risk Reduction, Counseling Ethics, and Clinical Evaluation ASAM. This is how Wise Communications courses line up with the core education requirements:
Basic Counseling Skills
- Cognitive-Behavioral Approach to Treating Addiction (distance learning for Basic approved through December 31, 2023)
Group Counseling Skills
- SAMSHA Advisory and Substance Abuse Treatment: Group Therapy (distance learning for Group approved through December 31, 2023)
Alcohol and Drugs of Abuse Pharmacology
- Pharmacology of Drug Use Disorders
HIV/AIDS Risk Assessment & Risk Reduction
- HIV-AIDS Prevention and Treatment for People with Substance Use Disorders
- Ethics for Addiction Professionals
Clinical Evaluation ASAM
- No offerings at this time
For Oregon participants, we offer the above 5 courses in a package priced at $348 for hardcopy (bound books and paper worksheets mailed to you) and $298 for electronic version (pdf books and Word document with form fields worksheets emailed to you).
If you want to pick and choose, you may order from the Courses tab. We have a plethora of courses to help you fill in the needed 150 hours for the CADC1, or 300 hours for the CADCII and III, so check it out! Don’t be shy…call for a multiple order discount (we love helping you be frugal)!
For CADCII, we offer Substance Use Disorder Treatment for People with Co-Occurring Disorders and Improving Cultural Competency to satisfy the additional requirements.