CDCA Training (formerly Phase II) – 30 Hours
This 30 Hour CDCA Training (formerly known as Phase II) meets the criteria of the OCDPB and will increase the participant’s knowledge of:
- Theories of Addiction
- Counseling Procedures & Strategies with Addicted Populations
- Legal & Ethical Issues Pertaining to Chemical Dependency
- Assessment & Diagnosis of Addiction
- Treatment Planning
- Group Process & Techniques Working with Addicted Populations
- 30 hours
- Theories of Addiction and Counseling Procedures & Strategies with Addicted Populations
- (part one) – This section, based on the book The Beaten Path: A Mainstream Guide to Understanding Addiction, Treatment and Recovery by Larry Maule, Jr., looks at various aspects of addiction and treatment from the recovery perspective, not only from the viewpoint of a counselor, but also from someone in recovery since 1984. It will familiarize treatment center personnel new to the addiction field to terms and concepts necessary to help clients and families on a path of recovery, covering topic such as: What is Addiction? What is Recovery and Treatment? Relapse and Relapse Prevention.
- Legal & Ethical Issues Pertaining to Chemical Dependency – Is it Ethical and is it Professional?
– OCDPB Code of Ethics – ATTC In My Own Words Prevention.
- Assessment & Diagnosis of Addiction and Treatment Planning – Addiction Messenger Using and Building Motivational Interviewing Skills: MI Assessment – Addiction Messenger SBIRT:
- Part 1 – Why Screen and Intervene? SBIRT:
- Part 2 – Breaking the Model Down SBIRT:
- Part 3 – Taking it to the Field -Provider Guide/CRAFFT Screening Tool (Health TeamWorks) – Addiction Messenger Recovery-Oriented Systems of Care:
- Part 1 – Principles of Recovery Recovery-Oriented Systems of Care:
- Part 2 – Elements of the System Recovery-Oriented Systems of Care: Part 3 – Recovery Management -Recovery: The Next Frontier, by William L. White -The Varieties of Recovery Experience: A Primer by William White and Ernest Kurtz -Addiction Messenger Continuing Care:
- Part 1 – Now What Happens? Continuing Care:
- Part 2 – Adaptive Continuing Care Continuing Care:
- Part 3 – Telephone Monitoring -What, Who, When & How of Treatment Planning – Addiction Messenger Treatment Planning:
- Part 1 – Creating a Living Document Treatment Planning:
- Part 2 – Make it a S.M.A.R.T. Plan Treatment Planning:
- Part 3 – Putting it All Together
- Counseling Procedures & Strategies with Addicted Populations (part two) and Group Process & Techniques Working with Addicted Populations -Addiction Messenger Trauma Informed Services:
- Part 1 – The Hidden Aspect of Addiction Trauma Informed Services:
- Part 2 – Assessment and Interventions Trauma Informed Services:
- Part 3 – Agency Perspectives -Practice Guidelines: Core elements for Responding to Mental Health Crisis (SAMHSA) -Addiction Messenger Conflict Management:
- Part 1 – Becoming Mindful of Our Words Conflict Management:
- Part 2 – What’s Your Style? Conflict Management:
- Part 3 – Tips for Improving Your Response -Addiction Messenger Group Skills:
- Part 1 – Approaches to Group Therapy -Excerpts from Therapy Manuals for Drug Addiction (NIDA) -Addiction Messenger Group Skills:
- Part 2 – Stages-of-Change & Group Therapy Group Skills:
- Part 3 – Leadership and Group Interventions -Addiction Messenger Counselor As Educator:
- Part 1 – How Do Adults Learn? Counselor As Educator:
- Part 2 – Learning Styles – Teaching Styles Counselor As Educator:
- Part 3 – Fine Tuning Your Teaching Skills
Course Ordering Instructions
Regular/free shipping is sent at book rate and takes approximately 5 to 7 days for delivery.
Orders placed after 3:00 p.m. will be shipped the following business day.
E-mail worksheets option
For your convenience, worksheets for this course are available electronically in Microsoft Word.*
*Please Note: When choosing the e-mail option, it will be sent to your e-mail address within the business day it is ordered because worksheets are personalized for security reasons, it is not an immediate download.
We DO NOT offer technical support.