Addressing Women’s Needs in Substance Abuse Treatment – 24 hours
The primary goal of this course is to assist substance abuse treatment providers in offering effective, up-to-date treatment to adult women with substance use disorders. It reviews gender-specific research and best practices beginning with the common patterns of initiation of substance use among women and extending to specific treatment issues and strategies across substance abuse treatment services. It provides clinical and administrative information to assist counselors, clinical supervisors, program administrators, and others working with female clients with substance use disorders on how they can best respond to the specific treatment needs of women.
- Gender Responsive Treatment Principles
- Women’s Biopsychosocial Uniqueness & Initiation of Use Among Women
- Risk Factors, Patterns and Prevalence of Substance Use Among Women
- Prevalence of Substance Abuse and Dependence Among Women
- Effects of Alcohol, Drugs, and Tobacco Use on Pregnancy and Birth Outcomes
- Effects of Alcohol and Illicit Drugs on HIV/AIDS Status
- Barriers to Treatment Engagement & Treatment Engagement Strategies
- Considerations in Treatment Placement and Planning
- Racially and Ethnically Diverse Women
- Sexual Orientation and Women
- Women Later in Life
- Women in Rural America
- Women in the Criminal Justice System
- Women Who Are Homeless
- Women’s Treatment Issues and Needs
- Addressing Tobacco Use with Women in Treatment
- Continuing Care & Treatment Outcomes
- Support Systems for Women
Course Ordering Instructions
Regular/free shipping is sent at book rate and takes approximately 5 to 7 days for delivery.
Orders placed after 3:00 p.m. will be shipped the following business day.
E-mail worksheets option
For your convenience, worksheets for this course are available electronically in Microsoft Word.*
*Please Note: When choosing the e-mail option, it will be sent to your e-mail address within the business day it is ordered because worksheets are personalized for security reasons, it is not an immediate download.
We DO NOT offer technical support.