Detoxification and Substance Abuse Treatment – 18 Hours
This home study provides up-to-date information about changes in the role of detoxification in the continuum of services for patients with substance use disorders, increased knowledge of the physiology of withdrawal, pharmacological advances in the management of withdrawal, patient placement procedures, and new issues in the management of detoxification services within comprehensive systems of care.
- Overview, Essential Concepts, and Definitions in Detoxification
- Settings, Levels of Care, and Patient Placement
- An Overview of Psychosocial and Biomedical Issues During Detoxification
- Physical Detoxification Services for Withdrawal From Specific Substances
- Co-Occurring Medical and Psychiatric Conditions
- Financing and Organizational Issues
Course Ordering Instructions
Regular/free shipping is sent at book rate and takes approximately 5 to 7 days for delivery.
Orders placed after 3:00 p.m. will be shipped the following business day.
E-mail worksheets option
For your convenience, worksheets for this course are available electronically in Microsoft Word.*
*Please Note: When choosing the e-mail option, it will be sent to your e-mail address within the business day it is ordered because worksheets are personalized for security reasons, it is not an immediate download.
We DO NOT offer technical support.