WEBINAR 10-21-2021 – Exploring Ethical Issues of Substance Use Disorder Treatment Professionals – 3 Hours
October 21, 2021 1pm-4:15pm
This Webinar will explore ethical issues relating to Substance Use Disorder treatment professionals. How one recognizes and navigates ethical issues will not only determine the longevity of professional within Substance Use Disorder (SUD) treatment field, it affects personal and professional life (licensure board action).
The purpose of this webinar is to explore ethical issues that SUD professionals working in treatment agencies have in common with the idea of generating awareness of probable dilemmas which challenge ethical conduct. Ethical conduct protects the public, safeguards the client, and is a protective factor for career longevity.
Primarily group discussion/processing will be utilized to achieve the objectives of this workshop. Participants will review NAADAC code of ethics in addition to their local licensing agency. A positive approach to solidifying boundaries and resiliency will be explored.
There will be a minimum of 5 and maximum of 20 people who can attend. You will receive a Microsoft Teams invite in your e-mail two days before the webinar. You do not need to have the Microsoft Teams app, you can join via the Web by simply clicking on the link. (If initially you have problems, try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge or Chrome – we cannot offer technical support). If you have the Microsoft Teams app please feel free to join us via this app. Since this seminar is approved by Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, NAADAC, Texas BAP, and accepted by Oregon MHACBO, there are certain requirements that need to be met:
- Plan on joining between 12:50 and 1:00pm. We would like to begin promptly at 1pm. In order to receive CEU credit, nobody will be admitted after 1:15pm. Please plan on staying with us until 4:15pm (this will allow for a 15 minute break in the middle of the workshop).
- You need to be on camera with a working microphone. We will make initial introductions to determine technology is working. When not talking we ask you to mute yourself.
- You will be requested to sign-in to the Webinar. This will happen in the Webinar Chat function, with you entering your name, where you are from, your licensure or certification number and board. In doing so, you are stating that you will be on the webinar and on camera until the conclusion of the webinar.
- Prior to the Webinar, the Code of Ethics for NAADAC and your respective state code of ethics will be emailed. Please print this off and have-ready to reference during the Webinar.
- The PowerPoint will be shared on screen during the Webinar. For your convenience a PDF of the PowerPoint will also be emailed prior to the Webinar, for review beforehand and/or print out for note taking. Please note: it is subject to editing by the presenter.