WEBINAR 10-22-2021 – Guard Your Heart: Exploring Ethical Issues of Substance Use Disorder Treatment Professionals from a Biblical Perspective – 3 Hours
October 22, 2021 1pm-4:15pm
Through small group discussion (breakout rooms) and large group processing, Guard your Heart will assist the SUD counselor in exploring Scripture as a basis for ethical conduct while considering the NAADAC code of ethics. We will look to identify and describe ethical dilemmas that SUD professionals have observed impacting oneself and fellow professionals. Participants will look to Scripture as a protective measure against ethical violations. Learners in this Webinar will strive to encourage one another to continue to live with a right heart and conduct as a substance use disorder treatment professional. We will look at a positive approach to self-care as it relates to how God expresses His care to us. This will help solidify boundaries set with clients.
This Webinar will be facilitated from a Christian perspective while maintaining respect for the one who may be seeking a path to God.
There will be a maximum of 20 people who can attend. You will receive a Microsoft Teams invite in your e-mail two days before the webinar. You do not need to have the Microsoft Teams app, you can join via the Web by simply clicking on the link. (If initially you have problems, try using a different browser like Microsoft Edge or Chrome – we cannot offer technical support). If you have the Microsoft Teams app please feel free to join us via this app. Since this seminar is approved by Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board, NAADAC, Texas BAP, and accepted by Oregon MHACBO, there are certain requirements that need to be met:
- Plan on joining between 12:50 and 1:00pm. We would like to begin promptly at 1pm. In order to receive CEU credit, nobody will be admitted after 1:15pm. Please plan on staying with us until 4:15pm (this will allow for a 15 minute break in the middle of the workshop).
- You need to be on camera with a working microphone. We will make initial introductions to determine technology is working. When not talking we ask you to mute yourself.
- You will be requested to sign-in to the Webinar. This will happen in the Webinar Chat function, with you entering your name, where you are from, your licensure or certification number and board. In doing so, you are stating that you will be on the webinar and on camera until the conclusion of the webinar.
- Please have your Bible available for referencing Scripture during the Webinar.
- Prior to the Webinar, the Code of Ethics for NAADAC and your respective state code of ethics will be emailed. Please print this off and have-ready to reference during the Webinar.
- The PowerPoint will be shared on screen during the Webinar. For your convenience a PDF of the PowerPoint will also be emailed prior to the Webinar, for review beforehand and/or print out for note taking. Please note: it is subject to editing by the presenter.