Managing Chronic Pain in Adults With or in Recovery From Substance Use Disorders – 7 Hours
- Introduction – Chronic Pain Impact, Definitions, Pain and Addiction Basics, Neurobiology of Pain, Chronic Pain, Pain’s Effect on Health, Neurobiology of Addiction, Risk Factors for Addiction, Cross-Addiction, The Cycle of Chronic Pain and Addiction
- Patient Assessment – Elements of Assessment, Assessment Tools, Assessing Pain and Function, Screening for Substance Use Disorders, Referring for Further Assessment, Psychiatric Comorbidities, Assessing Ability To Cope With Chronic Pain, Evaluating Risk OF Developing Problematic Opioid Use, Ongoing Assessment, Treatment Setting
- Chronic Pain Management – Overview of Pain Management, The Treatment Team, Treating Patients in Recovery, Nonpharmacological Treatments, Treating Psychiatric Comorbidities, Opioid Therapy, Treating Patients in Medicated Assisted Recovery, Tolerance and Hyperalgesia, Treating Pain in Patients Who Have Active Addiction, Acute Pain Episodes, Assessing Treatment Outcomes,
- Managing Addiction Risk in Patients Treated with Opioids – Promoting Adherence, Urine Drug Testing, Inclusion of Friends, Families, and Others, Nonadherence, Tools To Access Aberrant Drug-Related Behavior, Documenting Care, Managing Difficult Conversations, Workplace Safety, Discontinuation of Opioid Therapy
- Patient Education and Treatment Agreements – The Value of Patient Education, Providing Effective Education, The Internet as a Source of Patient Education, Education Content, Opioid Information, Methadone Maintenance Therapy Information, Treatment Agreements
Course Ordering Instructions
Regular/free shipping is sent at book rate and takes approximately 5 to 7 days for delivery.
Orders placed after 3:00 p.m. will be shipped the following business day.
E-mail worksheets option
For your convenience, worksheets for this course are available electronically in Microsoft Word.*
*Please Note: When choosing the e-mail option, it will be sent to your e-mail address within the business day it is ordered because worksheets are personalized for security reasons, it is not an immediate download.
We DO NOT offer technical support.