Parenting for Prevention: How to Raise a Drug-free Kid – 12 Hours
This course will help the participant increase their knowledge of how parents can prepare a child for crucial decision-making moments. Based on nearly two decades of research at The National Center on Addiction
and Substance Abuse at Columbia University, the information in the book, How to Raise a Drug-Free Kid: The Straight Dope for Parents by Joseph Califano Jr., is vital to any prevention practitioner working with youth and their families.
(Book not available electronically)
- Prevent It
- Parenting: The World’s Most Important Job
- Your Adolescent’s Brain on Drugs
- Talk to Your Kids About Smoking, Drinking, and Drugs
- Eating Meals Together: Dinner Makes a Difference
- What Drugs are Likeliest to Temp My Teen?
- How Do I Get My Teen to Understand the Dangers of Marijuana?
- Mischief in Your Medicine Cabinet? Over the Counter and Prescription Drugs
- For Your Teen, Availability is the Mother of Use
- At What Times is My Child at Increased Risk of Drug Use?
- In What Circumstances is My Child at Increased Risk of Drug Use?
- How Can I Make My Home a Safe Haven?
- What You Should Know About the Differences Between Boys and Girls
- Substances and Sex: What’s the Relationship Between Alcohol, Drugs, and Sexual Activity?
- How Can I Mitigate the Media’s Influence
- Facebook Fears and Texting Troubles: How do I Parent My TechSavvy Teen?
- How Can I Protect My Kids at School?
- How Do I Help My Teen Cope with the College Years?
- What are the Signs of Use? What Shall I do if I See Them?
- What if My Child Needs Treatment?
- You Can Do It